Oakmore is a neighborhood in East Oakland, adjacent to Leimert Boulevard above Diamond Park. Designed in the 20′s as a model modern community, most lots were zoned for single family residences with some in the central section zoned for multi-family and commercial use. The neighborhood went on to include houses designed by several of the leading architects of the period, including Miller & Warnecke, Chester H. Treichel, and Guy Brown.
The architectural styles range from Monterey Colonial to Mediterranean, Rustic Tudor and Spanish. The Walter H. Leimert Company laid out the subdivision with wide paved streets and ample sidewalks. Particular care was taken in plotting the property. Lots were apportioned on the basis of beauty and the contours of the property and natural features.
The Leimert Bridge was designed in 1926, which connected Oakmore to Park Boulevard and allowed for vehicle traffic, Park Boulevard Streetcars, and pedestrians. Oakmore residents enjoy the Homes Association which is a community of Oakmore neighbors committed to promoting and enhancing safety, beautification, community, and property values in their neighborhood.